Again, another Thought Catalog list by Ella Ceron that reflects part of my life. I’m currently reading “The Casual Vacancy” and there is a lot tonally that mirrors Harry Potter. And as we know, Harry Potter is everything.
1. Few things make you feel as old as the fact that the first book was published 16 years ago.
2. But few things make you feel as young as the opening line that “Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four Privet Drive, were proud to say…”
3. You can recite the rest of the opening line by memory.
4. One of the best things about having kids will be when you can read the books to them at bedtime.
5. You have fond, fond memories of waiting until midnight at a bookstore to get your copy of the latest book.
6. You still remember how many hours (not days) it took you to read each new book, and that it was a badge of honor to be in the 8 hours or less club when The Order of the Phoenix went on sale.
7. Any orange cat not named…
View original post 420 more words