End of a long work week with reports to write, but I am a little sick of trying to rephrase “if you don’t hand work in you can only get a zero” a million times…
It’s the middle of semester one reports so naturally that means it is also time for me to procrastinate wildly and start reading two or three hundred books at the same time! My Goodreads “Currently Reading” list is a little ridiculous at the moment – 14 books – but I can’t bear to give up on any of them. My yearly challenge sits at 32/80 (down from the target of 100 set at the start of the year) but that is mostly because I am in the middle of a cozy mysteries series that I am able to breeze through when I want something lighter and pulpier to read (The Tara Holloway series by Diane Kelly, FYI).
Below are the books currently in my “currently reading” list, from oldest on the list to newest. Most of them are books from my local library that I start reading, get caught up with work so hardly have time to continue, end up renewing the maximum about before reluctantly returning to the library barely read. A couple of them I was so into that I ended up buying my own copies to read at my own pace. Any excuse for a Book Depository order!
- Friday Night Lights: A Town, A Team and a Dream – H. G. Bissinger.
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay – Michael Chabon.
- Who Killed William Shakespeare?: The Murderer, the Motive, the Means – Simon Andrew Stirling.
- Mermaids: The Myths, Legends, and Lore – Skye Alexander
- Wonder Woman: The Twelve Labors – Len Wein
- A French Wedding – Hannah Tunnicliffe
- All Quiet on the Western Front – Erich Maria Remarque
- Gone With The Wind – Margaret Mitchell
- 1984 – George Orwell
- The Debutante – Kathleen Tessaro
- The Fall of Arthur – J R R Tolkien
- Favourite Maori legends – Alexander Wyclif Reed
- Voices in the Ocean: A Journey into the Wild and Haunting World of Dolphins – Susan Casey
- Death, Taxes and Cheap Sunglasses (Tara Holloway #8) – Diane Kelly
Hopefully once reports are finished I will be able to whittle down this list somewhat. Besides the Tara Holloway books, I would like to re-borrow out The Fall of Arthur, the Wonder Woman comic and I want to finish GWTW by the end of the year! It’s a little alarming to think not just of this list, but of the books that I own that I have not read yet either! Perhaps I can add that in to a future blog post..
Any recommendations about these or any other books I should get stuck into while I have the time?
Here’s hoping your TBR list is much shorter than mine!