It is killing me to no end that while today is the third day of winter here in little old Perth, almost everything else I read is gearing up for summer! Fortunately that also allows me to vicariously live through what I read and imagine that it is in fact summer and I am sitting on a beach instead of huddled up underneath my doona getting warmth from my laptop.
I am a sucker for any kind of summer article, book, movie, music anything. it just makes me feel so happy and warm. Most importantly it helps me to forget my mounting troubles and (as corny as this may be) radiate some sort of inner warmth. So without further ado, and brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish, here are my top ten books that will be in my beach bag this summer, and that I always end up reading during my December to February summer.
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s – Truman Capote
- Summer Crossing – Truman Capote
- South Beach (and the rest of the Spring Break series: French Kiss and Hollywood Hills) – Aimee Friedman
- Boy Meets Girl – Meg Cabot
- Surf School and Surf Sisters – Laurine Croasdale
- The Chronicles of Narnia – C.S. Lewis
- Silver Shadows – Richelle Mead (what I will be reading when you guys are all having summer)
- Top Secret Twenty-One – Janet Evanovich (ditto)
- Unlucky 13 – James Patterson (ditto)
- The Fault In Our Stars – John Green (ditto, plus I figure I may as well read it now)
Hope you guys are staying warm (if like me you are beginning the descent into winter) or pumping up the summer jams!